Here are some key features and information about King Power Mahanakhon:
- Architecture: The building was designed by German architect Ole Scheeren, and its unique architecture features a distinctive pixelated design, with cuboid shapes gradually tapering as the building ascends.
- Height: King Power Mahanakhon stands at a height of approximately 314 meters (1,030 feet) with 77 floors. It was, at the time of its completion, the tallest building in Thailand.
- Mixed-use Development: The skyscraper is a mixed-use development, housing a range of facilities, including a luxury hotel, retail spaces, restaurants, bars, and observation decks.
- SkyWalk: One of the main attractions of King Power Mahanakhon is its thrilling glass skywalk, known as the “SkyWalk.” This glass-floored observation deck is located on the 78th floor and offers breathtaking panoramic views of Bangkok’s skyline.
- King Power: The name “King Power” in the building’s title comes from the duty-free retail company, King Power Group, which is one of Thailand’s largest and operates duty-free shops in various locations, including airports.
- Location: King Power Mahanakhon is situated in the Silom/Sathon central business district of Bangkok, an area known for its bustling commercial activity and vibrant nightlife.